Sunday, April 1, 2012

adventures of the little one


3..2...1...ACTION!

Hi all. This is me, just Krizzie. Today, on the first of April, I have created a blog that truly says: me.
I've been working for my idol for two months now, and I'm having a blast. Here's to having first hand info on the ills of Cinemalaya and being right beside the genius that is my mentor.

Then again, I would also try my hand on reacting on films - old and new. We'll see.

Last January, I released my first full length film, Tahanan, with the support of SM Cinema and the Film Development Council of the Philippines. I received a lot of critique - but I found one harsh but true. That one from lagarista.com. Mikh Vergara did the review, and although it was true, i tried not to read it again - but then it hit a nerve. At that time I wanted to reply, "hey I'm still in college, I did the film while I was doing my 4.0 Marketing Thesis, and I still managed to finish the film." *insert ego boost here* But no, I kept quiet and let the happiness of finishing a first film keep me alive. Of course, I remembered his name.

A week after my screening, I graduated from College. A day after my college graduation, I started training under my awesome mentor, Erik Matti. About two weeks after my first day of apprenticeship, i read a movie script and my assignment was to comment on the script and search for loopholes. The script was from Mikh Vergara. I read it. And i liked it. A month and 2 weeks after that, I saw Mikh at a screening of a film we're still working on. I said hi to him, I said my first name, and he said hi back. Of course, he wouldn't know who I am. So I played the film for him, on the big screen of Post Manila. The film which I subtitled, and explained to him that some of the subtitling was not right because there was a different edit. There he said it was okay; then I said that I read his script and I liked it, and we ended with "thanks, Krizzie"


In this industry, everything comes full circle real quick.


End scene. CUT!

** thanks to Pat Evangelista for the picture from Rappler.com :)

No comments:

Post a Comment