Sunday, April 22, 2012

24 years of watching movies.



Over a hundred likes on Facebook when i posted this poorly lit picture.
But I guess it was "liked" because it's an entirely different world.


I've computed my DVD collection of almost 900 and I guess I've spent more than a hundred thousand for this collection. This is the first time I'm doing this computing thing now that I have to spend for myself, I've lessened my DVD purchase.  Finally! I figured out why I have been so broke.


I love movies. I guess when I was little, the most important thing about collecting movies - we had the VHS back then - was that it always reminded me that my parents are home from a vacation and that we were complete again. Whenever my parents would go out of the country, they'd come home with movies. Back then, the films showed about 6 months prior in the states before it reached the Philippines. I remember watching movies on VHS before they came out here (Star Wars Episodes 4, 5 and 6). I remember my first few VHS tapes: Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Star Wars Trilogy. Then I had the Batman Trilogy, Lion King and all other Disney movies that shaped my Hollywood Dream.



This might explain why I love movies so much - it always meant coming home. It always meant family. Ever since high school, I've wanted to make movies because I'm such a big fan of films. And looking back, I remember that my dad let me hold my first video camera at an early age. I remember editing my first video when i was in the 6th grade. I was so amused with moving pictures and with capturing live action. So I guess I'm here now, trying to break into the industry.


I have another world in my room. As I've said - over 900 DVDs/VCDs. I haven't counted the VHS tapes that I didn't throw out. I haven't taken pictures of my film book collection. But this is where I live - in movies. So my obsession with it is naturally an offset of who I am, who I've always been. 


I'm lucky to be someone who knows what I want to do for the rest of my life. And most days, I'm blessed to be paid to do something I absolutely love doing. And everyday, I am sure about what I want to do.


Hope you're as blessed to do something you love. Something you're extremely obsessed with. Something that makes you happy just talking about it.


Awesomesauce :)



No comments:

Post a Comment