Tuesday, October 23, 2012

From Storyboards to the Big Screen.

I've decided that since I can't really blog a lot, i'll just post pictures from work. I found these old storyboards that we used for Tiktik: The Aswang Chronicles. Yes, i watermarked it because I honestly think that it'll cost a lot in the future. Haha!

Direk Erik had these on paper on the shoot. I guess it aids his imagination, but I honestly believe the entire picture is in his head!

Unfortunately, I can't post screen shots of the film since it's still out in the cinemas. But if you've seen it, you'll see how close the boards are to the actual material in the big screen! For comparison, I did screen shots of the trailer and posted them here.


This is meant to be a shot of the creatures in the forest
and another one
That should be Joey Marquez using his Bawang/Asin Solution
And again, Joey Marquez fighting off Aswangs with his Asin mist
This is from the trailer!

This here should be Dingdong Dantes killing an aswang 
This isn't the same shot...
but this part of the trailer is from the same sequence in the movie,
Another one!
This here is a drawing of Tatang.
You should see the movie version! He looks awesome.

So if you haven't seen the film yet, i think you should! Hehe, shameless plugging. These old boards make me realize that preproduction really is the big chunk that makes a movie.


Til the next archived material!

Kriz

No comments:

Post a Comment